"Setting the Hook" Youth Fishing Tournament

2023sat24jun8:00 amsat12:00 pm"Setting the Hook" Youth Fishing Tournament8:00 am - 12:00 pm(GMT-05:00) 2532 Sidney Brooks

Event Details

This is a FREE event.

Participation and Eligibility:
– Participation is open to the community for the following categories: Youth Divisions 5-10 & 11-16.
– Bring ID proof of age
– Adult must accompany the youth.
– No fishing license is required for this event at this location and during these times.
– Anglers may use their own fishing gear.
– Fin Addict Angler Foundation will have basic fishing equipment loaner program set up available.

Rules:
– Each fish may only be submitted once.
– All fish must be caught with rod and reel.
– Both artificial lures and live bait may be used approved by TPWD.

Scoring:
– Each angler will be given a unique identifier for the event.
– Each fish will be scored based on length in inches.
– Total inches fish-month closed and natural tail
– Fish will be measured to the nearest 1/4″, rounding down.

Each category will receive 1st and 2nd place for the Longest Single Bass, Longest Single Catfish, and Longest Single Sunfish. Adults must accompany the youth. This is a fun event for the youth to learn preservation and patience while appreciating nature and creating meaningful social bonds with fellow anglers.

Registration Time: 8:00 am to 10:00 am

Tournament Rules: 8:30 am

Tournament: 9:00 am to 11:30 am

Awards: to follow

Bring your favorite outdoor chairs, yummy snacks and drinks to enjoy throughout the event. We encourage sun protection and hydration and comfortable clothing suitable for weather conditions. Safety measures are encouraged: stay home if you are feeling ill, wash hands, keep distance and cover coughs/sneezes. We thank you for considering others.

Please contact Founder, Executive Director & volunteer TPWD Area Chief Instructor, Oscar Castillo at (210) 643-3396 or email info@finaddictangler.com for more information.

REGISTER HERE

more

Time

(Saturday) 8:00 am - 12:00 pm(GMT-05:00)

The Greenline

2532 Sidney Brooks

Things are moving fast.
Never miss an update.

Subscribe
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BROOKS?
SEND ME UPDATES
I understand that subscribing to the email list means that I agree to receive emails, including updates from Brooks. I can update my preferences and unsubscribe at any time.
close-link

[insta-gallery id=”1″]

SEND ME UPDATES
I understand that subscribing to the email list means that I agree to receive emails, including updates from Brooks. I can update my preferences and unsubscribe at any time.
close-link

Want to learn more?

If you’re interested in joining the Brooks community, complete this short form and someone will be in touch with you soon.

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
close-link
SEND ME UPDATES
close-link

Privacy Preference Center